- I was born in Santa Cruz, Bolivia in 1976; all my childhood I lived in Potosí, Bolivia and when I was 18 I moved to Cochabamba, Bolivia that is the nice city I lived until October, 2021; when I moved to Berlin, Germany, this solemn and huge city where we live now.
- I studied in the Colegio Franciscano school in Potosí.
- I learned BASIC in an Atari 130XE 8-bit computer (my first computer) that my mom bought from a colleague.
- Mom bought also a Yamaha PSR-19 that is the first keyboard I started to play with.
- My alma mater is the Universidad Católica Boliviana, in Cochabamba, where I studied computer science engineering.
- I worked for the Instituto de Investigación en Informática Aplicada at the Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- I was also a Java trainer in Tekhne SRL and I got a SCJP being there.
- I worked for Jalasoft as a junior software architect for almost 20 years (starting ends of 2001) and I was a C++ trainer at the Fundación Jala.
- Now I work for Native Instruments as a C++ Software Engineer.
- I have written code in Java and C# at work.
- I compose and produce electronic music in my spare time (I published ‘poiesis‘, ‘Stigmata‘, ‘Brisa Mística‘, ‘Petrichor‘, and ‘Dandelions‘ in Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, YouTube Music, etc.).
- I have a beautiful wife. We married in 2003 and we have a beautiful daughter that is growing smarter, nicer and kind every day, she plays several instruments including cello, guitar, piano and drums.
- My closest and most beloved aunt (Elena) passed away in 2011 and my beloved mom passed away in March, 2019.
- Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Depeche Mode, Jean-Michel Jarre and Yann Tiersen (these last years) are amongst the musicians I like the most and that I guess influenced my music.
- I have this blog since 2011, and though I try to post entries on it as often as possible, it is updated a post every 3 months approximately.
- I have mild essential tremor, mild hyperthyroidism and also prematurely grey hair.
- I am a coffee, Coca-Cola, chocolate and dulce de leche fan!
6 thoughts on “About”
Feliz cumpleaños amigo!
¡gracias bro! :)
Hi this is Kawaii from OSnews.com – just a follow up to the post you made (I can’t reply to the forum because there is a 5 day limit to the article). I already addressed the issue relating to backwards compatibility in the following post: http://www.osnews.com/permalink?507368
The point of what I wrote in the post (to which you replied) had nothing to do with backwards compatibility being there but Microsoft failing to move their operating system to WinRT (provide XAML features for both Desktop and Metro applications) and leaving Win32 for backwards compatibility only (in other words, no part of the operating system relies on it thus making it a ‘removable’ subsystem in much the same way that win32 support can be removed in Windows 2008 R2 so there is only win64 installed).
Hi! Great blog! Thanks! I added it to other resourses of learning C++!
Wanted to ask about learning C++.
What can you recommend to novices – how to learn this language?
I recently wrote and presented an overview of the major new features in C++20 to my colleagues. As part of my research for that topic I came across your helpful post on C++20 concepts. In fact, all of your posts are helpful and well written.
I feel like we are strangely related. We’re both C++ programmers, both have familial tremor (essential tremor) and both have prematurely gray hair – although to be precise, mine is actually white. There are other similarities too. Perhaps you are my evil twin. Or could it be the other way around?
Anyway, please keep up your nice posts, both on C++ and music.
wow! Actually mine is almost completely white, Evil Twin of mine! :)
Thanks for your nice words! :) Let’s keep in touch!